I have written puzzles for several decades. I have produced quite a few themed puzzle books for groups such as the RSCPA, the Royal Flying Doctors Service, and the Alice Springs School of the Air. My syndicated puzzles have appeared in publications around the world. I create everything from picture puzzles like mazes and dot-to-dots, to find-a-words, codes and cryptograms, and cryptic crosswords.
You are welcome to download these puzzles and use them in the classroom, at home, or in not-for-profit newsletters. I have divided them into rough difficulty categories, but you will be the best judge of what you, your family, or students are able to enjoy. The easier level puzzles are also great for adults who are learning English.
If you wish to use any of these puzzles commercially, please contact me for licensing details.
- Animal Puzzles — a cute crossword and a fit in puzzle.
- Capital Construction Muddle — from The Junior Canberra Puzzle Book.
- Gold Rush Word Search — A word search about the Australian Gold Rush.
- Maths Word Search — Mathematical terms feature in this simple word search.
- Materials Secret Shape — a word search combined with colouring in.
- Railways Maze — from The Junior Canberra Puzzle Book.
- Verbs Crossword — Fill in the blanks in sentences to solve this crossword.
- 1980s Music Word Search — Find your favourite 1980s song titles in this word search.
- Aquarium Word Search — Lots of aquarium fish in this one, and a hidden message!
- Archaeology Puzzle Sheet — This puzzle sheet was written for National Archaeology Week in Australia, and includes a word search puzzle and a crossword.
- Arty Crossword — A little crossword all about art and artists.
- Astronomy Word Search — Discover the cosmos with this puzzle.
- Aussie Crossword — This is a small crossword with lots of Australian words.
- Canberra 1965 Map Maze — from The Canberra Puzzle Book.
- Delicious Word Search — A "tasty" word search.
- Federation Find-a-Word — from The Canberra Puzzle Book.
- Italian Crossword — Translate English into Italian, and vice versa, to solve this crossword.
- Knitting Word Search — Find all your knitting terms here!
- Quick Break — One of my popular ‘quick’ crosswords. Available through my syndicator, Auspac Media.
- Recipes Word Search — Lots of tasty recipe names in this one.
- Valentine's Day Secret Shape — My own puzzle invention. It combines a regular word search with the fun of colouring in, to discover a hidden picture. Available for syndication through Auspac Media
- African Scramble Word Search — You need to unscramble the names of African countries and cities before you can find them in the grid.
- Around the World Quiz Word Search — answer the quiz questions to find out which words to look for in the grid.
- Christmas Crossword — The name says it all! Clues are on the tricky side, but not too hard.
- The Enigma Crossword — This one is just generally very hard! Tricky vocabulary.
- Gardener Crossword — A difficult gardening and botany themed crossword, syndicated through Auspac Media.
- Gourmet Crossword — A challenging food, cooking, and wine themed crossword. Auspac Media
- Indonesian Cross Quizzes — Two cross quizzes about Indonesia.
- National Parks Crossword — A crossword about Australia's national parks
- Nixie Cryptic Crossword 1 — One of my tricky cryptic crosswords for you to try
- Nixie Cryptic Crossword 2 — Another of my Nixie cryptics — you can get more from The Clue Detective Puzzle Agency
- Puppy Secret List Word Search — It's hard because you only get a list of initial letters of the dog breed names!