Our unique cryptic crossword helper app, CrypticGuide, has just been updated — this new release has taken us a year of work. We’ve done heaps of stuff under the hood, and added hundreds of new entries to the cryptic database.
Here’s what you can enjoy with this new version:
- We’ve updated the interface for iOS 7.1 and newer
iPad users can now work in any orientation, even with a detached keyboard
- You can copy, save, and share cryptic search results on your networks. You know, for those cryptic emergencies!
- New hidden word search, so you can find words and phrases that contain any other word
- Improved search results for anagrams and sub-words — with each sub-word, the leftover letters are listed as well
- Results with long lists of words of different lengths are now indexed by letter length, for easier scanning and navigation
It’s easier to get dictionary definitions within the cryptic terms search results
- Cryptic term searches are organised so you can find words that contain your search term, as well as those starting with it
- The cryptic terms database has been updated and includes hundreds of new entries — thank you to those of you who sent in suggestions!
- The word lists, used for the anagram, hidden word, and wildcard searches, have also been updated
So what are you waiting for?!